Write for us
Improve Sailing is looking for writers for our blog!
I have so much information I want to share and not enough time to write it all, so I've decided that it’s time to bring some writers on board.
How it’ll work
At this point, I'll come up with a headline for the articles that I want written, and I'll give you the freedom to research and write them. For each article, I’ll state about how many words it should be. Then, when you’ve finished writing it, I’ll look it over and when I think it’s ready, I’ll publish it.
For most of our articles, we target about 2,000 words. For these articles, we will pay 3 cents per word which comes out to about $60 for articles that we publish. As you gain experience writing for Improve Sailing you’ll get more flexibility in choosing your own topics and outlining and writing articles as you like. As we move in that direction, your pay will increase.
My experience is you can write a 2,000-word article in about 2 hours - which comes down to $30 / hour. I'll also provide training videos to help you write faster.
What we’re looking for in writers
- We’re not looking to hire full-time employees. We just want to pay you for the articles you write.
- You don’t have to be a professional writer, but I do need people who can use correct English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- I want people who can commit to writing two to four (2-4) 2,000-word articles per month and do the research that goes into that.
- If you have experience writing for a blog, that’s a plus, but I'm really going to make my decisions based on a sample of your writing.
- Don't worry about how to write articles. I'll train you and give you feedback along the way.